Skip to main content

connect ftp with gridview / display files in gridview from ftp or server

HTML Markup
Below is the HTML Markup of the page, where I have an ASP.Net control FileUpload to upload files, a Buttoncontrol to trigger file uploads and an ASP.NetGridViewcontrol to display the files from folder.
<asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server" />
<asp:Button ID="btnUpload" runat="server" Text="Upload" OnClick="UploadFile" />
<hr />
<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" EmptyDataText = "No files uploaded">
    <Columns>
        <asp:BoundField DataField="Text" HeaderText="File Name" />
        <asp:TemplateField>
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkDownload" Text = "Download" CommandArgument = '<%# Eval("Value") %>' runat="server" OnClick = "DownloadFile"></asp:LinkButton>
            </ItemTemplate>
        </asp:TemplateField>
        <asp:TemplateField>
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:LinkButton ID = "lnkDelete" Text = "Delete" CommandArgument = '<%# Eval("Value") %>' runat = "server" OnClick = "DeleteFile" />
            </ItemTemplate>
        </asp:TemplateField>
    </Columns>
</asp:GridView>


Namespaces
You will need to import the following namespaces.
C#
using System.IO;
VB.Net
Imports System.IO
Uploading the File and saving in directory or folder
When the file is selected in APS.Net FileUpload control and the Upload button is clicked the following event handler is triggered. Below I have folder Uploads in the root directory of my ASP.Net Website where I am saving the uploaded file.
C#
protected void UploadFile(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    string fileName = Path.GetFileName(FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName);
    FileUpload1.PostedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~/Uploads/") + fileName);
    Response.Redirect(Request.Url.AbsoluteUri);
}
VB.Net
Protected Sub UploadFile(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    Dim fileName As String = Path.GetFileName(FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName)
    FileUpload1.PostedFile.SaveAs((Server.MapPath("~/Uploads/") + fileName))
    Response.Redirect(Request.Url.AbsoluteUri)
End Sub
Displaying the files from folder or directory in ASP.Net GridView
Here I am reading all the files from the Uploads directory which I have created and then binding the fetched files to the ASP.Net GridView control.
C#
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (!IsPostBack)
    {
        string[] filePaths = Directory.GetFiles(Server.MapPath("~/Uploads/"));
        List<ListItem> files = new List<ListItem>();
        foreach (string filePath in filePaths)
        {
            files.Add(new ListItem(Path.GetFileName(filePath), filePath));
        }
        GridView1.DataSource = files;
        GridView1.DataBind();
    }
}
VB.Net
Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
    If Not IsPostBack Then
        Dim filePaths() As String = Directory.GetFiles(Server.MapPath("~/Uploads/"))
        Dim files As List(Of ListItem) = New List(Of ListItem)
        For Each filePath As String In filePaths
            files.Add(New ListItem(Path.GetFileName(filePath), filePath))
        Next
        GridView1.DataSource = files
        GridView1.DataBind()
    End If
End Sub
Downloading the Uploaded File from ASP.Net GridView
The following event handler is executed when the lnkDownload LinkButton is clicked in the ASP.Net GridView Row. Using the CommandArgument property of the ASP.Net LinkButton, I get the path of the file using which I am downloading the file.
C#
protected void DownloadFile(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    string filePath = (sender as LinkButton).CommandArgument;
    Response.ContentType = ContentType;
    Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + Path.GetFileName(filePath));
    Response.WriteFile(filePath);
    Response.End();
}
VB.Net
Protected Sub DownloadFile(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    Dim filePath As String = CType(sender, LinkButton).CommandArgument
    Response.ContentType = ContentType
    Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", ("attachment; filename=" + Path.GetFileName(filePath)))
    Response.WriteFile(filePath)
    Response.End()
End Sub
Deleting the Uploaded File from ASP.Net GridView
The following event handler is executed when the lnkDelete LinkButton is clicked in the ASP.Net GridView Row. Using the CommandArgument property of the ASP.Net LinkButton, I get the path of the file using which I am deleting the file.
C#
protected void DeleteFile(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    string filePath = (sender as LinkButton).CommandArgument;
    File.Delete(filePath);
    Response.Redirect(Request.Url.AbsoluteUri);
}
VB.Net
Protected Sub DeleteFile(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    Dim filePath As String = CType(sender, LinkButton).CommandArgument
    File.Delete(filePath)
    Response.Redirect(Request.Url.AbsoluteUri)
End Sub
Demo
Downloads


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact us Forms Links

Hi Friends This is my second post to blogger.com. and this time I am going to share my few useful resource links with you all. This post is regarding to “How to create contact us form to the html page” So please go to the following sites 1) http://wufoo.com/gallery/templates/forms/contact-form/ Thats it
Hello Friends This is an important moment for me! This is the first blog I’ve ever written. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, but wasn’t sure how to do it, where, when, or even if. And finally, now here I am. People say that blogs are like a diary (do I hide it under my bed, lock it with a key? Tell it all my secrets? It seems like a wonderful place to share my thoughts with you, or what I do.) It’s going to be fun sharing my thoughts with you, outside the context of a book. Ok let me tell you about myself. I am a I.T Engineer and having 2 year experience about the I.T Sector. After Completion of my graduation i worked as a "Web Designer" for 1.3 years then i Switch my profile to software engineer and I am working as a Software engineer from 6 months. so basically my blogs are all bout to the new technologies, interesting and important codes and some useful resources. For more about myself please visit my website: http://www.lokeshchadha.co.cc/ . 1)..Downl...

By pass single quote or special character in ck editor or fck editor in any language

By pass single quote or special character in ck editor or fck editor in any language like asp.net , php etc   whenever we are using ckeditor or fckeditor we are able to pass the data successfully but if single quote  '  or symbols like '|>|<|\\+ is present in our content then it will not save the data I search a lot for the solution of this topic.  Every post is provide some rumors but finally after using ck editor for long time, i found the solution. so friends now you can pass any type of data in fckeditor or ck editor  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ AdditionalNumericEntities With this setting, you can define a set of characters which will be translated to their relative numeric entities in the output HTML. This is quite useful if you don't want single quotes (') to be inserted in the text (being transformed to ′):...